We can design a workshop that’s practical, durable, and spacious, taking into account everything you need to do in the space.
This can include installing benches and seating, shelving and racking, lighting, heating, ventilation, electrics, space for equipment, and extra doors and windows, including floor to ceiling windows that fill the space with natural light and give your customers and clients a glimpse of your creative or manufacturing process.
- Made from Corten Steel (COR-TEN)
- Floor crafted from Marine Grade Plywood (27mm thick)
- High cube or standard containers are available
- Hard-wearing flooring
- Windproof and watertight
- High-security steel doors
- ForkLift pockets/slots
- Multiple lasing points
- Multiple air vents
- New containers are available in green (RAL6007) or blue (RAL5010 or RAL5013)
- Used containers can be painted any RAL colour requested
Conversions and customisations available:
- Lining and insulation (plywood, melamine boarding, food-grade and medical grade materials)
- Welded bays and workbenches
- Racking and shelving
- Fire doors
- Ventilation and extractor fans
- Condensation prevention installation
- Security padlocks with multiple keys
- Electrics, heating, and lighting installation
- Add your business’ branding
- Gas strut operated fitted hatches
- Manual and automatically operated roller shutters
- Doors, windows, and skylights
- Finishes and colours
- Any bespoke fabrication required
Design your own workshop
Renting or buying a space and then setting up a workshop comes with high costs and restrictions. A shipping container workshop can be anything you want it to be for less, sometimes with no need for planning permission. We can install workbenches and desks, shelves and storage space for your raw materials and supplies, windows and doors, giving you the flexibility to move equipment throughout the space as and when you need it.
Safe, efficient features
Whatever you’re working on, we can adapt your space to include specific safety features. This can include fire doors, fire-retardant paint, hard-wearing flooring, insulation and ventilation, high voltage sockets, steel workbenches, anti-corrosive paints, and much more.
We’ve been building shipping container workspaces for decades
With 40 years in the business and thousands of hours spent converting containers every year, Universal Containers has become one of the UK’s leading container suppliers. We’re confident we can build and maintain your container, whatever you need it for and wherever you’re using it.
Talk to our team to get a fast quote and any information you need.